6 Benefits of LED Industrial Lighting for Construction Sites
There’s a good chance that you already know why making the switch from energy-depleting metal halide, hps (high pressure sodium), mercury vapor, incandescent, halogen or fluorescent lights to eco-friendly LEDs is a great investment financially. But did you know that opting for LED industrial lighting can also help make your facility safer and more efficient? We always recommend ditching those hot, bulky and high-wattage work lights in place of ultra-efficient and durable construction LED lighting to ensure safe, high-quality temporary lighting on the job, even if you’re plugging away well past sunset.
- They’re Safer — Construction site lighting is one of the most important facets of meeting OSHA’s workplace lighting standards — obviously, lighting improves visibility, and more visibility means fewer accidents. LED lamps take safety a step further by running cooler, which lowers the risk of a worker getting a burn on the job. This is particularly important when dealing with temporary jobsite lights that need to be moved around regularly. They also ditch the hazardous chemicals found in typical metal halides and are safer and easier to install, reducing liability.
- They’re Simply More Sensible — Let’s face it: Outlets are sparse on the jobsite, so you need a lighting solution that maximizes brightness with less demand for electricity. LED lamps can significantly reduce the amount of lights you need for the same brightness and illumination, helping you free up those valuable outlets. Plus, you can install up to 25 strings of LEDs end-to-end without overloading a single wall socket.
- They Don’t Break as Often — We know that construction sites are some of the most demanding work environments around. With things constantly dropping, banging and running into each other, construction zones need to focus on durable and safe jobsite tools. LED light bulbs are unlike traditional light bulbs; instead of glass, they are made of a durable epoxy resin. This means that they’re less likely to break, even when they’re tossed into the back of a truck or knocked over by a two-by-four.
- They Save You Tax Dollars — As it becomes more and more evident that LEDs are better for the planet, more states are mandating standards that could eventually outlaw other high-wattage lighting solutions. In fact, the federal government is working hard to phase out incandescent and halogen lights in the U.S. In the meantime, many states are providing tax incentives for residents and businesses that switch to LED lights in preparation.
- They Perform Better —At the end of the day, temporary construction lights need to do one thing well: provide ample lighting for your employees. LEDs are available in several color temperatures and brightness levels (lumens) to ensure that the quality of light is ideal for your specific needs and space. What’s more, LED lights provide more even illumination across an environment, which means they’re better at doing their job than other kinds of lights.
- They’re an Investment —Perhaps the most important reason to make the switch to LEDs — whether for your portable construction lights, residential recessed lighting or warehouse high-bays — is because they bring a really sound return on investment. While you might pay a little bit more up-front for LED lamps, they last up to 25 times longer than incandescent lights while drawing much less energy. This means that your lighting investment will often pay for itself in less than a year, and you’ll see immediate savings on your energy bills.
- They Keep You Up to Code —Did you know that many traditional light options aren’t in compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS)? That’s because many light bulbs are made with dangerous and potentially toxic materials, including mercury. On the other hand, LED lights are often RoHS compliant to keep you up to code and to maintain a safe workplace environment for your employees.
Mills commercial-grade LED construction lights are a great investment for construction companies looking for ways to cut costs, reduce their impact on the environment and upgrade to an all-around better product. Regardless of whether you’re looking for permanent area lighting or temporary high bay lights that are easy to move from site to site, MillsLED.com is happy to help you meet your lighting goals.